O Lord Almighty,
- Protect us from the desire for personal gain in our services to you.
- Protect us from that subtle lure of recognition or fame.
- Protect us from the fatal attraction of financial reward.
- Help us to maintain our focus on giving to you instead of getting from you in jesus name we pray.
A meeting of compassion for humanity and specialized skills that is the forum that has been created for you by this new, fully incorporated NGO El-Shaddai Healthcare Development Foundation (EHDF). On one hand you care so much about abandoned babies, pregnant unmarried teenagers, orphans, the poor elderly, poor stranded children, the terminally ill, HIV/AIDS affected and infected; you dream of a vibrantly healthy society. On the other hand you are an experienced health worker, counselor, professional, preacher, church worker, law enforcement officer businessman or public servant. You have an invaluable skill in human management, project management, community mobilization, social marketing and fund raising – this is your chance to help man, please God and be fulfilled. The El-Shaddai healthcare Development Foundation is an NGO that has total healthcare package with focus on some of the more devastating areas:
- Non-cash support include:
- Feeding of babies in the home
- Networking & information sharing
- Facillity and expertised sharing
- Capacity building intervention
- Participation in special chores
- Counseling and follow up activities
- Support in cash and materials:
- Cash donation on a one-off and periodic basis
- Payment of workers
- Cash donation for a specific event, purpose or facility
- Capacity building intervention
- Expansion of the home
- Donation of computers and Communication facilities
- Drilling of borehole
- Supply of generators, vehicles for movement of the children to school, church and other functions
EL-Shaddai Healthcare Development Foundation (EHDF) EHDF was registered with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria in July 2005. It is made up of two components. 1- El Shaddai specialist hospital & 2- El Shaddai Childrens Home.
EL-Shaddai Specialist Hospital
This focuses on general medical care of diseases. Difficult cases is referred to tertiary health institutions. HIV/AIDS prevention and care services are a focal point in our services. Voluntary counseling and testing is offered. Treatment of opportunistic infections and anti – retroviral therapy are given to patients at subsidized rates. With funding we hope to give it completely free in the near future. Care of teenage crisis pregnancy cases is another focal point of the El-Shaddai specialist hospital. Future funding could reduce the medical and physiological costs of these services. At the moment, it is offered free of charge to indigent cases, where contributions are offered by near relatives it is welcomed, but it is not mandatory.
EL-Shaddai Childrens Home
The El-Shaddai children’s home started operations in March 2006 but was formally commissioned on 22nd September 2006 by the then Executive Governor of Benue State, Mr George Akume. From the inception of the home in March 2006 to date we have handled 13 teenage and crisis pregnancies. One was reconciled to her parents. Another was referred to a sister organization in Jos (Pro Life Evangel) for special care, two other ones were reconciled to their parents, Another opted to go back to the father of her baby, three were lost to follow up after a few weeks of counseling . Two stayed with EHDF, had their babies and gave them up for adoption and fostering; another had a stillbirth but was re-united with her family through collaboration with the state ministry of women Affairs’ and social services. Another is presently receiving care and counseling. Options are being discussed with her and her boyfriend. EHDF is of the opinion that there is no situation too hopeless, too dark or too awful for the power of almighty God to overcome. Our responsibility is to share the hope and unfading love that is available through Jesus Christ. We cannot control or be responsible for our client’s choice, but we are to give her a place where she can come and be accepted, and find value simply because she is a child of the KING.
Who are we? We are a Pro-life and social services project of an NGO El-Shaddai Healthcare Development Foundation.
What is our purpose? The home is built for:
1. Orphans and vulnerable children.
2. Abandoned babies.
3. Teenage pregnancies (Counseling and antenatal care).
4. Childless couples and others who wish to adopt children.
5. Pray that the pro-life message should spread to all the corners of this country and the world.
What do we charge? Nothing. Our services are absolutely free.
Aims & Objectives of EHDF
The Aims and Objectives of the Foundation include:
- To establish a system for preventive healthcare particularly in nutrition, infectious and communicable diseases including sexually transmitted diseases and HIV & AIDS.
- To establish a continuous and sustained system of education, information and counseling of the target population for effective implementation of nutrition and preventive health strategies.
- To establish a system of uninterrupted immunization against the six killer diseases prevalent in the community.
- To establish a system of family health care that will ensure safe motherhood, reduction in maternal, prenatal and infant mortality and effective family planning.
- To establish a rehabilitation center or haven for HIV & AIDS patients and terribly ill patients
- To establish a system of primary and secondary healthcare For El – Shaddai Specialist Hospital Makurdi to serve as a referral center where patients would come from all parts of Benue State and neighboring States to consult Specialists in various fields of medicine, surgery and Dental surgery.
- To establish a children home to cater for children who wouldn’t otherwise have a home due to loss of the parents or are stranded.
- To award scholarships to deserving and indigent children within the immediate community
- To solicit for and receive funds from donors, person and or organization and apply it in the realization of the objectives of EHDF.
EHDF Staff Strength
|DR .A.B. Ameh||President||Gynaecologist & Obstetrician|
|Mrs F. Ben-Ameh||Secretary||Administrator|
|Itodo Isaac Itodo||Member||Minister|
|Mr John Alachi||Member||Environmentalist|
|Miss Christine Ben-Ameh||Member||Media & Communication Expert|
|Dr.McAnthony Ben-Ameh||Member||Medical Officer|
|Dr.Jude Ben-Ameh||Member||Medical Officer|
“A system that provides a standard, qualitative and total healthcare (spiritual and physical) to all, regardless of creed, race and religion”. Indigenous healthcare NGOs are not novel in Benue state yet the EHDF is unique in many ways but particularly in its approach to harnessing specialized capacity available within Benue state too meet the peculiar challenges in an existing faith based service delivery atmosphere. EHDF provides opportunities for different categories of people to help fellow man, please God and at the same time enjoy themselves.
Twenty one (21) OVC are currently registered with the EHDF. Due to poor funding, we cannot exceed this number at the moment. Services offered to our OVCs are educational, health shelter, house hold economic strengthening, psychosocial and legal support. Plans are underway to include vocational training and life skills education.